Sunday, April 23, 2006

Trung Nguyen

A few month's ago, a grateful client of my wifeling gave her a packet of "Trung Nguyen" vietnamese coffee. After running out of my standard fair-trade shade-grown certified-organic cooperatively-grown save-the-gorilla grind, I finally got around to brewing up the vietnamese packet.

Astonishing - some of the best coffee I've ever had. Sweet chocolately overtones and very fragrant. Yet its not flavoured coffee, its just a magical mix of four coffee beans! I took to mixing it with a more standard blend to give it some kick and also to prolong the life span of that packet.

It was a sad day when I finally ran out and I started scouring asian groceries for a replacement. I must have visited a dozen decent sized chinese markets with no success. Finally, last night I headed to a specifically vietnamese supermarket and was ecstatic to find an almost infinite supply of Trung Nguyen coffee right beside the entrance.

Many happy mornings in store for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home