Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Three Legged Exit Strategy

There's been a lot of discussion about 'exit strategies', and the shocking fact the administration doesn't have one. My training as a neuroscientist didn't cover exit strategies and I've been very curious as to what they look like. My local deli doesn't stock them and I couldn't even find one on Amazon.com. I am very grateful to Nancy Pelosi for her compelling description tonight of the elusive exit strategy. Apparently, it is a beast with three limbs:
1. Train more Iraqi security forces.
2. Spend more on Iraqi infrastructure.
3. Engage in regional diplomacy.
Obviously I'm new at this, but now that I have an identification kit, I think I might be able to hunt down an exit strategy in the wild. Here we go... climb up a tree... scan the horizon... By Jove, there's one just over to the right. And... no... incredible - it's very same one that Bush has been stalking these last few weeks: keep training Iraqi policemen, get another $80 billion to spend in Iraq (and Afghanistan) and send Condoleeza Rice to encourage the burgeoning Israeli-Palestinian rapport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home